A day without a green smoothie is like a day without sunshine.
Thus a green smoothie greets me almost every morning.
What’s even better is listening to Josh Garrels music while I’m sipping my morning smoothie.
Now that’s a recipe for success.
My Green Smoothie
Yield: 1 serving
- Handful fresh kale or spinach leaves (about ½ cup packed)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 scoop dietary fiber or protein powder (optional)
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt (optional but delicious)
- ½ cup + 2 Tbs vanilla almond milk (It's a odd amount because that's what fits in my small Nutri-Bullet cup, but you can use as much has you'd like)
- 2 ice cubes (to chill the smoothie a bit)
- Place the ingredients in a blender (I use a Nutri-Bullet) and blend until smooth. Enjoy!