For some reason, croutons are a rarity around our house.
But they’re so yummy and crunchy.
I should make them more often, especially when they’re so easy to make.
Here’s the gist:
Whole Wheat Bread (I use my Homemade Whole Wheat Bread)
Toss the ingredients together, cook them until golden, and then toss them on a salad.
Yep, simple and yummy.
- 5 slices whole wheat bread, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Cut the slices of bread into cubes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and and seasonings.
- Mix until evenly coated.
- Spread the croutons on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Stir and then bake for 5 more minutes, or until golden. (Be careful not to burn.)
- Let cool; store in sealed container.