- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp each of mayonnaise, lemon juice, olive oil, and mustard (or some combination to make a 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 tsp each of cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder (or whatever spices you’d like!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 2 Tbs finely chopped celery
In a small bowl, mash the chickpeas with a fork until partly pasty.
Blend in the liquids (whatever combination you want).
Add the rest of the ingredients, and adjust the seasonings to taste. I garnish with extra chopped tomatoes and chili powder.
Excellent served with pita chips, but any bread will do. Great served with lettuce or avocado too! You can be creative with this recipe, but I love this combination! :)