Skill Level: easy
Stitches Used: cast on, knit, purl, decrease, knitting in round, bind off, half double crochet, slip stitch
Measures 7″ (8″, 9″) Note: slipper should measure about 1″ smaller than foot length
Gauge: in stockinette stitch, 16 stitches and 20 rows = 4″ by 4″
Notes: pattern comes women’ sizes small (medium, large)
- 1 skein TLC Baby Amore, orchid – 286 yds (80% acrylic, 20% nylon)
- set of 4 size 8 double pointed needles
- about 5 yards of elastic cord
- Size F crochet hook
- row maker
- yarn needle
-Pattern- (make 2)
- Cast on 28 (30, 32) stitches.
- Working back and forth, knit 1 row.
- Purl 1 row.
- Repeat numbers 2 and 3 till piece measures 4″.
- Knit across, cast on 6 (8, 10) stitches at the end of the row. (34 [38, 42] stitches)
- Divide stitches onto 3 double pointed needles, join in round, knit 2 (3, 4) rows.
- Decrease, knit till there are 8 (10, 12) stitches left, decrease, knit to end of row. (32 [36, 40] stitches
- Knit till piece measures 6″ (7″, 8″).
- Decrease, knit till there are 8 (10, 12) stitches left, decrease, knit to end of row.
- Knit 1 row.
- Repeat numbers 9 and 10 till piece measures 7″ (8″, 9″).
- Bind off.
- Sew the toe together.
- Fold the slipper in half and sew heal (cast on edge) together.
- With the crochet hook and elastic thread, work this pattern around the foot opening: *1 half double crochet, skip one stitch* repeat from * around. Work a slip stitch in the first half double crochet.
5 thoughts on “Stay on Slippers”
Going to try these. Thank you for the pattern
January, time to start knitting, :) Thanks for the lovely pattern. I too shall try this pattern.
Awesome, Linda! Happy knitting! :)
Not sure if I follow the pattern right, could use some help.
How may I help you?