These slippers are quick to knit and so soft. They are knitted in cozy Lion Brand Homespun. Above is the picture of the size small.
Skill Level: easy
Stitches Used: cast on, bind off, knit, purl, CF6, working in rounds
Abbreviations: Cable Front Six (CF6), Place Marker (PM)
Measures: 7 1/2″(8 1/2″, 9 1/2″) long and 3″, (3 1/2″, 4″) wide
Gauge: in stockinette stitch, 12 stitches and 16 rows = 4″ by 4″
Notes: Pattern comes in women’ sizes small (medium, large). Slippers are made in reverse stockinette stitch. CF6 means slip next 3 stitches on a cable needle and place in front of work, knit 3 stitches, knit the 3 stitches on the cable needle.
- 1 skein Lion Brand Homespun, lemonade- 185 yds (98% acrylic, 2% Polyester)
- set of 4 size 10 1/2 double pointed knitting needles
- size I crochet hook
- cable needle
- stitch makers
- yarn needle
rows 1-5: Knit.
row 6: CF6
Repeat cable pattern as directed.
-Pattern- (make 2)
- Cast on 18 (21, 24) stitches.
- Working back and forth, purl 1 row.
- Knit 1 row.
- Repeat numbers 2 and 3 till piece measures 4″ (4 1/2″, 5″).
- Purl to end, cast on 6 stitches.
- Join in round, PM, Purl till there are 6 stitches left, PM, work Cable Pattern to end. (24, [27, 30] stitches)
- Repeat number 6 till piece measures 5 1/2″ (6″, 6 1/2″).
- P2T, purl till 2 stitches before marker, P2T, work Cable Pattern. (22, [25, 28] stitches)
- Repeat number 6 till piece measures 6″ (7″, 8″).
- P2T, purl till 2 stitches before marker, P2T, work Cable Pattern.
- Purl to marker, work Cable Pattern.
- Repeat numbers 10 and 11 till slipper measures 7 1/2″ (81/2″, 9 1/2″).
- Repeat number 10. (14, [17, 20] stitches)
- Cut yarn, pull threw remaining stitches. Fasten off, weave in ends.
- Sew heal (cast on edge) together.
With crochet hook, loosely crochet this pattern around the foot opening: *Slip stitch, skip on stitch* repeat around. Fasten off, weave in ends.
4 thoughts on “Snug Slippers”
First i LOVE your pattern!!!
THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!
i cant get anything to print after number 7
The printing problem has been fixed. Refresh your web browser and try printing again.
I am wondering about the abbreviation P2T. What does it mean? Relly want to try the slipper pattern. thanks.
P2T means “purl two together”. P2T is like K2T (knit two together) except you purl instead of knit.