Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
Moist, dairy-free, oatmeal raisin muffins topped with cinnamon sugar and finely chopped walnuts.
Yield: 1 dozen
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (or a heaping cup of rolled oats chopped a bit in a food processor)
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbs sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Stir together the oats, flour, flaxseed, baking powder, and salt.
- In a saucepan melt the coconut oil, add the almond milk, ¼ cup sucanat, and honey; stir until combined. (The mixture should be warm to the touch but not hot.)
- In a separate bowl combine the coconut oil mixture and applesauce.
- Mix in the flour mixture; stir in the raisins.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. Pour the batter evenly into the cups.
- Combine the chopped walnuts, 2 Tbs sucanat, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over the tops of muffins. Press the topping gently into the muffins.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.