Skill Level: easy
Stitches Used: cast on, knit, purl, and bind off
Measures: 4″ by 4″
Gauge: With 1 strand of each yarn, in stockinette stitch, 9 stitches and 12 rows = 4″ by 4″
- 1 skein Patons Rumor, jewel tone- 84 yds (84% acrylic) (15% Alpaca) (1% Polyester)
- 1 skein Bernat Disco, black- 52 yds (67% acetate) (33% polyester)
- 1 to 1 1/2 inch diameter hot pink button
- Size 11 knitting needles
- Blunt end yarn needle
- With one strand of both yarns cast on 9 stitches.
- Knit 1 row.
- Purl 1 row.
- Repeat numbers 2 and 3 till piece measures 8″.
- Bind off in knit. Weave in ends.
- Fold the purse in half. Sew up the sides.
- Cut a 15″ strand out of Rumor yarn.
- Pull the yarn through 2 of the holes on the button.
- Weave both ends through the purse. Knot the end together on the other side
- Make another draw string like you did the first time, except on the other side. Trim ends.