Spring is coming.
Are you as excited as I am? I hardly have the right to complain about cold weather. But even in Alabama, this winter has been quite cold. We got a few inches of snow altogether here in our little town (that’s quite a bit for us).
Winter has its advantages–cute jackets, boots, scarves, occasional snowstorms, etc. But I’m looking forward to spring. Daffodils are blooming, the grass is slowly turning green, days are growing longer, and the weather is turning blissful once again.
Life is good.
And so is this lemon cheesecake. It tastes of spring–sweet, tangy, and light all mixed together. I imagine you could substitute lime juice for the lemon juice to create a scrumptious key-lime cheesecake. (I’ve got to try that sometime!)
- ½ cup whole almonds
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs (about 4 graham crackers)
- 2 Tbs honey granules (or sugar)
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- ⅔ cup honey granules (or sugar)
- Juice of 2 lemons (about ½ cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place the almonds and coconut in a food processor and chop until fine.
- Add graham cracker crumbs, 2 Tbs honey granules, maple syrup, and salt; process until combined.
- Press into the base of a 8″ by 8″ dish.
- Whip the heavy cream with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the crust and chill for several hours before serving.