- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sucanat w/honey
- 1/2 stick butter, cut into tablespoons.
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup milk (or buttermilk)
- In a bowl stir flour, salt and sucanat.
- Cut in butter.
- Add cheese and mix.
- Blend in milk.
- Shape into a 1″ tall and 2 ” wide log and rap in plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- Cut dough into 1/8 inch slices and place on a baking stone or cookie tray.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until sides are darkening.
Makes about 5 dozen
They can also be used as croûtons