Yield: 3 medium pizzas
- 2 cups warm water (I use the warmest water from the tap; about 105 degrees)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 7-8 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbs yeast
- cornmeal for sprinkling
- 1 (24 oz) can tomato sauce (I use Classico Tomato & Basil)
- 1 lb. cooked ground beef
- 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- dried basil and oregano, to taste
- pineapple tidbits
- Combine water, oil, salt, 3 cups of flour, and yeast; mix until combined. Add another 2 cups of flour and knead, gradually add additional flour as needed until the dough stops sticking to the bowl. Knead an additional 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into three balls. Roll each ball of dough on pizza stones sprinkled with cornmeal. Roll up the edges to form a crust.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the dough (I use about ¾ cup per pizza).Top with ground beef, pineapple tidbits, or other desired toppings. Sprinkle with dried basil and oregano. Let rest for about 15 minutes.
- Bake each pizza for 400 degrees for 9 minutes, sprinkle on the cheese (I use about 2 cups per pizza), and then bake for another 9 minutes.
- Slice and serve.