Skill Level: intermediate
Stitches Used: cast on, knit, purl, decrease, yarn overs, chain stitch
Abbreviations: knit (k), purl (p), knit two together (k2t), yarn over (yo)
Measures: size newborn, 5” circumference and 5” length
Gauge: with size 8 needles, 16 stitches and 20 rows = 4” by 4”
Notes: when switching colors every other stitch, carry the yarn along on the wrong side.
- 1 skein Caron Simply Soft, soft pink – 315 yds (100% acrylic)
- 1 skein Caron Simply Soft, chocolate – 315 yds (100% acrylic)
- 1 set of size 6 double pointed needles (for ribbing)
- 1 set of size 8 double pointed needles
- size F crochet hook
- yarn needle
-Pattern- (make 2)
- With size 6 needles and pink yarn, loosely cast on 24 stitches, divide onto 3 needles
- Place marker, join in round, work k1, p1, ribbing for 2 1/4”. (12 rows)
- K1, *yo, k2t* repeat within *-* till 1 stitch is left, p1.
- Knit 1 row.
- Change to size 8 needles, *with pink k1, with brown k1* repeat within *-* to end.
- *With brown k1, with pink k1*, repeat within *-* to end.
- Repeat numbers 5 and 6 for a total of 10 rows.
- Change to brown, knit 1 row.
- *K1, k2t*, repeat within *-* to end. (16 stitches)
- Knit 1 row.
- K2t, to end. (8 stitches)
- Cut yarn and pull through the remaining stitches, fasten off, weave in ends.
- With the crochet hook and brown yarn, working in chain stitch, make two 12” ties. Weave the ties threw the yarn overs in the mittens. Make 4 small pom poms and attach one to each end of the ties, and fasten into a bow.