I feel like I’ve posted too many muffin recipes on this blog.
In fact, I’ve counted it up. This is the eighth one.
But there’s no such thing as too many muffins, right?
I can’t help it after all. I love muffins, and this recipe is no exception–moist, diary free, oatmeal muffins flavored with banana and blueberries.
Yup. They make breakfast so much better.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbs ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp sucanat (or brown sugar)
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Stir together the flour, oats, flaxseed, baking powder, and salt.
- In a sauce pan, melt the coconut oil over medium low heat. Stir in the almond milk, honey, and sucanat. Heat until warm (not hot) and the sucanat had dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana. Blend in the coconut oil mixture.
- Add the flour mixture and blend until combined.
- Fold in the frozen blueberries briefly (so that the blueberries don't stain the batter).
- Pour evenly into the muffin cups.
- Optional: sprinkle the tops with finely chopped walnuts and sucanat.
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve warm or cooled.