- 1 stick room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sucanat w/honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 3/4 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Blend butter, honey, sucanat and milk.
- In a separate bowl stir flour, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix.
- Roll half the dough out 1/4″ thick on a baking sheet.
- Spread half of one of the fillings below over the dough.
- Fold the dough in half over the filling, then cut it in half width wise. With your fingers seam the dough around the filling.
- Do the same to the other half of the dough.
- Bake at 350 for 13 minutes.
- Cut into 2×3 inch bars.
– Makes about 26 2×3 inch bars
Apple Cinnamon Filling:
- 2 medium size red apples, peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons sucanat w/honey
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a bowl stir sucanat, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the diced apples and stir till they are evenly coated.
- 3 cups sliced dates