These slippers are the child’s version of the ‘Stay on Slippers’. They are knitted in a beautiful cotton yarn with an easy crocheted edging for a snug fit.
Skill Level: easy
Stitches Used: cast on, bind off, knit, purl, decrease, ssk, single crochet, slip stitch
Aberrations: Slip Slip Knit (SSK) Knit Two Together (K2T)
Measures: 5″(6″,7″) long (Slipper should measures about 1″ shorter than foot length)
Gauge: in stockinette stitch, 18 stitches and 24 rows = 4″ by 4″
Notes: slipper comes in girl sizes small (medium, large)
- 1 skein Pisgah Yarn and Dyeing Co. Inc Peaches ‘n’ Creme, pink lilacs – 98 yds (100% cotton)
- 1 skein Pisgah Yarn and Dyeing Co. Inc Peches ‘n’ Creme, shocking pink – 122 yds (100% cotton) (about 5 yards of leftover yarn can be used instead)
- set of four double pointed size 8 knitting needles
- Size F crochet hook
- row marker
- yarn needle
-Pattern- (make 2)
- Cast on 20 (22, 24) stitches
- Knit 1 row.
- Purl 1 row.
- Repeat numbers 2 and 3 till piece measures 3″(3 1/2″ 4″)
- Knit one row, cast on 4 (6,8) stitches at the end of the row. (24 [28, 32] stitches)
- Place marker, join in round, knit till piece measures 4″(5″,6″).
- K2T, knit till there are 6 (8,9) stitches left, SSK, knit to end.
- Knit 1 row.
- Repeat numbers 7 and 8 till piece measures 5″(6″,7″)
- Bind off.
- Fold slipper in half, sew the cast on edge (heal) together.
- Sew the toe together.
- Weave in ends.
- With crochet hook and shocking pink yarn, work this pattern around the foot opening; *crochet 1 single crochet, skip 1 stitch, single crochet in the next stitch*, repeat from * to end, crochet a slip stitch in the the fist single crochet, fasten off.