- 2 cups chopped dates
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan .Cover and let cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. Or until mixture thickens.
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sucanat w/honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup milk (Buttermilk can be used)
- 2 sticks room temperature butter
- In food processor or blender chop pecans, rolled oats and sucanat till fine.
- Mix in salt and baking powder .
- Pour the the ingredients that are in the processor into a bowl and add flour. Cut in butter. Add milk.
- Grease 2 jelly roll pans . Roll the dough evenly into the pans.
- Bake at 350 for 21 minutes. Loosen from pans immediately after getting out of oven.
- Spread date mixture over one tray. Take the 2nd tray’s contents and place it on top of the date mixture.
- cut into squares.
- Makes 3 1/2 dozen 2 x 2 inch bars.
These bars are best warm.